Photo credits: Raphaël Schaller, External link: raphaelphoto.ch
What is the EPR-Projectathon ?
The EPR Projectathon is:
- an interoperability and conformity test marathon, similar to the IHE-Connectathon. For five days, participants can test their own products live on site for interoperability and, if necessary, adapt them to the findings during the event. The EPR reference environment and the test descriptions are are available in advance.
- a practical test for the EPR implementation. The results of tests with other participants, the central services of the Confederation and the EPR reference environment provide indications of one's own status with regard to EPR interoperability. Peer-to-peer tests and peer-to-reference environment tests show the interaction of the IT components. Group tests simulate use cases from the EPR, for example the opening of an EPR, rights management or cross-community queries.
- the EPR Projectathon does not replace the certification of EPR communities. The tests around EPR interoperability are voluntary and non-binding for all participants. The EPR Projectathon is an efficient tool, but not a guarantee for successful certification.
- the EPR Projectathon is not an IHE-Europe Connectathon. The EPD Projectathon focuses on EPR-specific configurations and clarifications of the IHE profiles - not on the underlying IHE standard profiles. These can be tested at the IHE-Europe Connectathon. At the EPR Projectathon, the simulators of the EPR Reference Environment are available for such basic tests.
- Unlike the IHE-Europe Connectathon EPD Projectathon, no test results will be published.
The 7th EPD Projectathon took place in Bern from 11 to 15 September 2023. The participating firms (vendors) conducted 94 tests: of which 70 were fully verified; 34 system-to-system tests (peer to peer tests) and 12 group tests. This year, the focus was on the exchange formats for the electronic vaccination card, the medication plan and the archive for radiological images (PACS). Vendors were also able to test their level of deep integration with the EPD. The final report will be published in October 2023.
- AD SWISS
- Berner Fachhochschule
- HCI Solutions AG
- Open Web Technology
- Sopra Steria